Persuasion lies at the heart of organisational life. Our ability to persuade others to follow a course of action, to focus on group and company aims, to direct behaviour based on company values, vision and mission will have an enormous impact on our success. As human beings, we have all developed techniques to persuade others of our views. We can extend our influencing capabilities by applying the science of strategic persuasion.
Aims and Objectives
- Improve participants’ ability to get alignment on strategic and operational aims
- Improve our ability to implement knowledge, learning and best practices
- Increase participants’ capabilities to engage people, and move them to action
- Extend the range of our ability to influence, guide and support others
- Improve our capabilities to structure arguments using rational, emotional and ethical behavioural triggers
In this engaging, active and interactive session, we will share a brief history of the science of effective persuasion and offer opportunities for participants to practice strategic persuasion in support of their professional agenda. As a participant, you will:
- Define who and what you want to influence
- Learn the motivational drivers that influence decision-making
- Practice persuading others to embrace, share and adopt your ideas and agenda.
- Learn the secrets of memorable persuasive communication
This innovative program is built on a strong academic and intellectual basis, and features experiential learning practices that embed the content.