Meeting Effectiveness: Become a Meeting Mechanic
Meetings are the engine that drives your organisation. Your success relies on individuals and teams using meetings to share ideas, coordinate projects, make and update decisions, communicate strategic aims and accomplish dozens of other objectives. Alarming research in the US and Europe indicates that while senior leaders spend an average of 40-50% of their working hours in business meetings, the majority of these leaders describe half of meeting time as ‘unproductive,’ and ‘spent discussing irrelevant issues.’ In a remote working environment, it has become even more challenging to run a successful meeting.
- Run more effective, relevant and productive meetings
- Eliminate unnecessary or unproductive meetings
- Ensure you’ve got the right people in your meetings
- Improve meeting organisation, facilitation and chairpersonship
Using the metaphor of a car mechanic, our facilitator ‘Meeting Mechanic’ will show you:
- How to make your meetings become the most productive, engaging and energising part of your day
- How to address the specific challenges of remote meetings, including conference calls and video conferences.
- How to ‘get under the hood’ of your meetings to understand what makes them cover essential ground quickly and efficiently.
- How to tune up meetings that are stuck in neutral or simply spiraling off the road
- How to consign some of your meetings to the scrap heap—while still meeting your objectives
- How to survive remote meeting ‘zoom fatigue’